Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A Used Car Salesman I am Not

Well, two more things are out of the way for our upcoming move to Texas. We sold our 2 old cars today. To say we took deep discounts is a gross understatement, but at least they are gone. We may have even helped out a couple of families in need in the process.
One was a young Mexican family who have spent the last 4 months living in Children's Hospital with their baby, who almost died and had to get a colostomy. Only one spoke English, and there were about 3 brothers rushing to ATMs to get money out. I said 1250 was my bottom dollar, but they could only come up with 1180. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't say no to a family who is working hard, trying to live the American Dream that most of us take so for granted. Call me a sucker, but it still feels good.
Steve

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
������« ? EmergiBlogs # ������»